Thursday 1 May 2008

Visualisation

I've always considered myself a pretty visual person - I can recall thousands of Brangwyn works if shown a study(another useless asset), at school I could recall the words on a page when trying to think of a relevant quote during an exam, I dream in colour, I daydream events to such an extent that half the time I can't really remember if they were in real time, I see life in filmic short shoots - but compared with Charles - I'm a mere novice. Having sent him my ideas for the film outline, he foraged around for a mere day, if that, and came up with a brilliant idea for the film opening, involving the entire cast watching the opening of the definitive version of Edith Sitwell's and William Walton's Facade behind a screen painted by Piper. But to give you all the details would be too much of a give away!

I find myself thinking the words and adding graphics to film but appreciate I ought not to be so word driven. It's probably the result of recent academia and having written so much and striven to be 100% accurate in the last few years - I'll have to relax more and allow the creative imaginative side more access!

No comments: